Silicon Valley Group Releases ‘Greenprint’ For Area
Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network recently released its green vision for the region at its State of the Valley conference in San Jose, Mercury News reports.
“Climate Prosperity: A Greenprint for Silicon Valley” (PDF), says a private-public partnership focused on alternative energy and energy efficiency will lead to economic recovery and growth.
The 44-page document points to four areas where the region’s expertise and business style can lead to environmental improvements and expand markets for green services and products. These include renewable energy, building efficiency, clean transportation, and green infrastructure.
The group says streamlined permitting, better financing options, consistent green building codes and standards can help improve the local “green” economy. In addition, the group recommends supporting additional clean-transportation companies as well as well as improve the mass-transit systems. Lastly, the group says Silicon Valley should showcase pilot projects using technologies invented in the area.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE