Silicon Valley Group Releases ‘Greenprint’ For Area
Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network recently released its green vision for the region at its State of the Valley conference in San Jose, Mercury News reports.
“Climate Prosperity: A Greenprint for Silicon Valley” (PDF), says a private-public partnership focused on alternative energy and energy efficiency will lead to economic recovery and growth.
The 44-page document points to four areas where the region’s expertise and business style can lead to environmental improvements and expand markets for green services and products. These include renewable energy, building efficiency, clean transportation, and green infrastructure.
The group says streamlined permitting, better financing options, consistent green building codes and standards can help improve the local “green” economy. In addition, the group recommends supporting additional clean-transportation companies as well as well as improve the mass-transit systems. Lastly, the group says Silicon Valley should showcase pilot projects using technologies invented in the area.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses