Silicon Valley Group Releases ‘Greenprint’ For Area
Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network recently released its green vision for the region at its State of the Valley conference in San Jose, Mercury News reports.
“Climate Prosperity: A Greenprint for Silicon Valley” (PDF), says a private-public partnership focused on alternative energy and energy efficiency will lead to economic recovery and growth.
The 44-page document points to four areas where the region’s expertise and business style can lead to environmental improvements and expand markets for green services and products. These include renewable energy, building efficiency, clean transportation, and green infrastructure.
The group says streamlined permitting, better financing options, consistent green building codes and standards can help improve the local “green” economy. In addition, the group recommends supporting additional clean-transportation companies as well as well as improve the mass-transit systems. Lastly, the group says Silicon Valley should showcase pilot projects using technologies invented in the area.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management