Deloitte Offers Green Company Cars to All Employees
Getting a company car used to be a perk reserved for executives. Now Deloitte is changing that with the launch of a new program to make fuel-efficient cars available to all 12,000 permanent employees in the UK.
The company will provide fuel-efficient cars for employee use at a reduced cost, and take advantage of new tax incentives for clean car fleets. The new Deloitte “All Employee” company car program will save employees money and reduce carbon emissions.
Savings are expected in three key areas:
- Employees: By trading earnings taxed at a high rate (31 percent) for a car taxed at a lower rate (10 percent), employees will save money. The cars will include leasing, insurance, maintenance, roadside assistance, and taxes, all at roughly half the cost of renting a car privately.
- The employer: Will gain volume discounts, recover sales taxes on the vehicles and save on insurance.
- The environment – Cars with lower CO2 emissions save on fuel costs by using less fuel.
Deloitte’s other green initiatives including its Green IT program, which includes reducing the number of printers, file servers and backup tapes. Deloitte also has adopted video conferencing and has provided employees carbon offset charge cards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend