Deloitte Offers Green Company Cars to All Employees
Getting a company car used to be a perk reserved for executives. Now Deloitte is changing that with the launch of a new program to make fuel-efficient cars available to all 12,000 permanent employees in the UK.
The company will provide fuel-efficient cars for employee use at a reduced cost, and take advantage of new tax incentives for clean car fleets. The new Deloitte “All Employee” company car program will save employees money and reduce carbon emissions.
Savings are expected in three key areas:
- Employees: By trading earnings taxed at a high rate (31 percent) for a car taxed at a lower rate (10 percent), employees will save money. The cars will include leasing, insurance, maintenance, roadside assistance, and taxes, all at roughly half the cost of renting a car privately.
- The employer: Will gain volume discounts, recover sales taxes on the vehicles and save on insurance.
- The environment – Cars with lower CO2 emissions save on fuel costs by using less fuel.
Deloitte’s other green initiatives including its Green IT program, which includes reducing the number of printers, file servers and backup tapes. Deloitte also has adopted video conferencing and has provided employees carbon offset charge cards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency