Soy Laser Toner Cartridges Offer Alternative
Soy ink has been available for some time, but now Print Recovery Concepts Technologies is selling laser printer cartridges using toner powder derived from soybeans.
Debe Overhaugh, president of PRC Technologies, says SoyPrint cartridges can help offices become more environmentally friendly and help reduce America’s dependence on oil. It takes about 2 liters of oil to produce the toner in a regular cartridge. Overhaugh estimates that the U.S. uses 200 million liters of oil annually to produce the toner in cartridges.
The company is selling the cartridges under the SoyPrint brand, which cost between $60 to around $200 depending on the model. For example, SoyPrint’s version of C4182X cartridges are priced at $175 compared with a HP cartridge which retails for $222.99 on its Web site.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV