Carbon Footprint Awareness Growing Slowly
The key to consumersâ€™ minimizing their carbon footprint is through building awareness and stimulating action, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute.
More than half of the general population (57 percent) is aware of the term â€ścarbon footprint,â€ťÂ up from 38 percent in 2007. However, U.S. consumers fall behind UK consumers in awareness – 96 percent of UK adults say they are aware of the term.Â The limited U.S. awareness is notÂ generating much behavior, as just 13 percent of those that are aware of the term carbon footprint have used an online carbon footprint calculator in the past year.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&Gâ€™s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners