Carbon Footprint Awareness Growing Slowly
The key to consumersâ€™ minimizing their carbon footprint is through building awareness and stimulating action, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute.
More than half of the general population (57 percent) is aware of the term â€ścarbon footprint,â€ťÂ up from 38 percent in 2007. However, U.S. consumers fall behind UK consumers in awareness – 96 percent of UK adults say they are aware of the term.Â The limited U.S. awareness is notÂ generating much behavior, as just 13 percent of those that are aware of the term carbon footprint have used an online carbon footprint calculator in the past year.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works