Carbon Footprint Awareness Growing Slowly
The key to consumersâ€™ minimizing their carbon footprint is through building awareness and stimulating action, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute.
More than half of the general population (57 percent) is aware of the term â€ścarbon footprint,â€ťÂ up from 38 percent in 2007. However, U.S. consumers fall behind UK consumers in awareness – 96 percent of UK adults say they are aware of the term.Â The limited U.S. awareness is notÂ generating much behavior, as just 13 percent of those that are aware of the term carbon footprint have used an online carbon footprint calculator in the past year.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data