Carbon Footprint Awareness Growing Slowly
The key to consumersâ€™ minimizing their carbon footprint is through building awareness and stimulating action, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute.
More than half of the general population (57 percent) is aware of the term â€ścarbon footprint,â€ťÂ up from 38 percent in 2007. However, U.S. consumers fall behind UK consumers in awareness – 96 percent of UK adults say they are aware of the term.Â The limited U.S. awareness is notÂ generating much behavior, as just 13 percent of those that are aware of the term carbon footprint have used an online carbon footprint calculator in the past year.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016