Carbon Footprint Awareness Growing Slowly
The key to consumers‚Äô minimizing their carbon footprint is through building awareness and stimulating action, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute.
More than half of the general population (57 percent) is aware of the term ‚Äúcarbon footprint,‚ÄĚ¬† up from 38 percent in 2007. However, U.S. consumers fall behind UK consumers in awareness – 96 percent of UK adults say they are aware of the term.¬† The limited U.S. awareness is not¬† generating much behavior, as just 13 percent of those that are aware of the term carbon footprint have used an online carbon footprint calculator in the past year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Buildings to Use Batteries in California
- Deloitte: Decision Makers Understand the Importance of Energy Costs
- Citibank: How Investments in Clean Energy Can Save Trillions
- Johnson Controls Expands at Chicago‚Äôs Merchandise Mart
- Florida, Missouri Take Steps in Favor of PACE Financing
- DoE: Big Detroit LED Project is About Two-Thirds Done
- IEMS Revenue to Reach $35.6B by 2024
- Geothermal School Project in West Aurora, IL