Group Aims for NYC Food Distribution Hub to Adopt Recycleable Packaging
Global Green USA is planning to substitute all non-recyclable transfer packaging distributed from Huntâ€™s Point Distribution Center with recyclable packaging.
If successful, the program is expected to divert 30,000 tons of corrugated packaging from the landfill per year and reduce GHG emissions by 103,000 metric tons annually.
On March 3, the non-profit will convene box makers, food distributors, and restaurateurs to identify companies and partnerships to lead the recyclable box transition and will present plans for its initiative.
In 2007, the non-profit teamed up with Starbucks on Green Umbrellas for a Green Cause campaign and auction.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B