Group Aims for NYC Food Distribution Hub to Adopt Recycleable Packaging
Global Green USA is planning to substitute all non-recyclable transfer packaging distributed from Huntâ€™s Point Distribution Center with recyclable packaging.
If successful, the program is expected to divert 30,000 tons of corrugated packaging from the landfill per year and reduce GHG emissions by 103,000 metric tons annually.
On March 3, the non-profit will convene box makers, food distributors, and restaurateurs to identify companies and partnerships to lead the recyclable box transition and will present plans for its initiative.
In 2007, the non-profit teamed up with Starbucks on Green Umbrellas for a Green Cause campaign and auction.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls