Group Aims for NYC Food Distribution Hub to Adopt Recycleable Packaging
Global Green USA is planning to substitute all non-recyclable transfer packaging distributed from Huntâ€™s Point Distribution Center with recyclable packaging.
If successful, the program is expected to divert 30,000 tons of corrugated packaging from the landfill per year and reduce GHG emissions by 103,000 metric tons annually.
On March 3, the non-profit will convene box makers, food distributors, and restaurateurs to identify companies and partnerships to lead the recyclable box transition and will present plans for its initiative.
In 2007, the non-profit teamed up with Starbucks on Green Umbrellas for a Green Cause campaign and auction.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesnâ€™t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obamaâ€™s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshireâ€™s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuumâ€™s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned