Group Aims for NYC Food Distribution Hub to Adopt Recycleable Packaging
Global Green USA is planning to substitute all non-recyclable transfer packaging distributed from Huntâ€™s Point Distribution Center with recyclable packaging.
If successful, the program is expected to divert 30,000 tons of corrugated packaging from the landfill per year and reduce GHG emissions by 103,000 metric tons annually.
On March 3, the non-profit will convene box makers, food distributors, and restaurateurs to identify companies and partnerships to lead the recyclable box transition and will present plans for its initiative.
In 2007, the non-profit teamed up with Starbucks on Green Umbrellas for a Green Cause campaign and auction.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool