Group Aims for NYC Food Distribution Hub to Adopt Recycleable Packaging
Global Green USA is planning to substitute all non-recyclable transfer packaging distributed from Hunt‚Äôs Point Distribution Center with recyclable packaging.
If successful, the program is expected to divert 30,000 tons of corrugated packaging from the landfill per year and reduce GHG emissions by 103,000 metric tons annually.
On March 3, the non-profit will convene box makers, food distributors, and restaurateurs to identify companies and partnerships to lead the recyclable box transition and will present plans for its initiative.
In 2007, the non-profit teamed up with Starbucks on Green Umbrellas for a Green Cause campaign and auction.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man‚Äôs Experience with Engaging Building Operators