Dell Offers New Data Center Infrastructure Products
Dell is introducing PowerEdge 4220 and PowerEdge 2420 rack enclosures, next-generation infrastructure products designed to help customers simplify and manage their data centers while improving energy efficiency.
The company says the new products support a portfolio of servers and storage systems and can be used in virtually any environment, including data centers, remote offices, wiring closets or even factory floors.
The new racks offer efficient power and cooling with 80 percent front-and-rear-door perforation to lower the cold air restraint to the server. The new racks are also deeper than previous racks, so there’s more space for hot air to move out of the rack. Other features of the new rack include effective power distribution and simplified cable management.
The company also announced that its data center consulting practice will utilize Future Facilities’ 6SigmaDC software suite to design and simulate data centers that maximize space utilization and energy efficiency.
Dell is listed as one of the Uptime Institute’s Global Green 100 companies for its energy efficient operation of data centers.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy