Dell Offers New Data Center Infrastructure Products
Dell is introducing PowerEdge 4220 and PowerEdge 2420 rack enclosures, next-generation infrastructure products designed to help customers simplify and manage their data centers while improving energy efficiency.
The company says the new products support a portfolio of servers and storage systems and can be used in virtually any environment, including data centers, remote offices, wiring closets or even factory floors.
The new racks offer efficient power and cooling with 80 percent front-and-rear-door perforation to lower the cold air restraint to the server. The new racks are also deeper than previous racks, so there’s more space for hot air to move out of the rack. Other features of the new rack include effective power distribution and simplified cable management.
The company also announced that its data center consulting practice will utilize Future Facilities’ 6SigmaDC software suite to design and simulate data centers that maximize space utilization and energy efficiency.
Dell is listed as one of the Uptime Institute’s Global Green 100 companies for its energy efficient operation of data centers.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike