Dell Offers New Data Center Infrastructure Products
Dell is introducing PowerEdge 4220 and PowerEdge 2420 rack enclosures, next-generation infrastructure products designed to help customers simplify and manage their data centers while improving energy efficiency.
The company says the new products support a portfolio of servers and storage systems and can be used in virtually any environment, including data centers, remote offices, wiring closets or even factory floors.
The new racks offer efficient power and cooling with 80 percent front-and-rear-door perforation to lower the cold air restraint to the server. The new racks are also deeper than previous racks, so there’s more space for hot air to move out of the rack. Other features of the new rack include effective power distribution and simplified cable management.
The company also announced that its data center consulting practice will utilize Future Facilitiesâ€™ 6SigmaDC software suite to design and simulate data centers that maximize space utilization and energy efficiency.
Dell is listed as one of the Uptime Institute’s Global Green 100 companies for its energy efficient operation of data centers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses