Dell Offers New Data Center Infrastructure Products
Dell is introducing PowerEdge 4220 and PowerEdge 2420 rack enclosures, next-generation infrastructure products designed to help customers simplify and manage their data centers while improving energy efficiency.
The company says the new products support a portfolio of servers and storage systems and can be used in virtually any environment, including data centers, remote offices, wiring closets or even factory floors.
The new racks offer efficient power and cooling with 80 percent front-and-rear-door perforation to lower the cold air restraint to the server. The new racks are also deeper than previous racks, so there’s more space for hot air to move out of the rack. Other features of the new rack include effective power distribution and simplified cable management.
The company also announced that its data center consulting practice will utilize Future Facilities’ 6SigmaDC software suite to design and simulate data centers that maximize space utilization and energy efficiency.
Dell is listed as one of the Uptime Institute’s Global Green 100 companies for its energy efficient operation of data centers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV