Green Mountain Coffee Tests Solar Power Potential
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is planning to install 530 solar panels on top of its distribution center in Waterbury, Vt. The company says it will be the largest solar array in Vermont.
The project is expected to generate only 1 percent of the power the plant uses, but it is a start and an experiment in how solar can work for business, Paul Comey, VP of environmental affairs at Green Mountain Coffee, told WCAX.com
Construction of the 100-kilowatt solar array is expected to begin in the spring of 2009 and be completed by summer, according to a press release.
Last month, the company offered $800,000 in grants to encourage organization to respond to climate change.
In January, Green Mountain Coffee released its corporate sustainability report.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management