Green Mountain Coffee Tests Solar Power Potential
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is planning to install 530 solar panels on top of its distribution center in Waterbury, Vt. The company says it will be the largest solar array in Vermont.
The project is expected to generate only 1 percent of the power the plant uses, but it is a start and an experiment in how solar can work for business, Paul Comey, VP of environmental affairs at Green Mountain Coffee, told WCAX.com
Construction of the 100-kilowatt solar array is expected to begin in the spring of 2009 and be completed by summer, according to a press release.
Last month, the company offered $800,000 in grants to encourage organization to respond to climate change.
In January, Green Mountain Coffee released its corporate sustainability report.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project