Wind Turbine Market Share Revealed
The global wind turbine market grew vastly in 2007, the year for which most recent figures are available, according to Emerging Energy Research’s Global Wind Turbine Market Share Update.
Nearly 30 GW of turbines were activated during t2007, almost double the volume in 2006, according to a press release.
The United States and China accounted for nearly 48 percent of wind turbine activation. The U.S. economic slowdown is expected to impact numbers going forward, but China is likely to continue its aggressive expansion, according to Emerging Energy Research.
Overall, the U.S. is the world’s largest producer of electricity from wind, at more than 25 GW a year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council