Wind Turbine Market Share Revealed
The global wind turbine market grew vastly in 2007, the year for which most recent figures are available, according to Emerging Energy Research’s Global Wind Turbine Market Share Update.
Nearly 30 GW of turbines were activated during t2007, almost double the volume in 2006, according to a press release.
The United States and China accounted for nearly 48 percent of wind turbine activation. The U.S. economic slowdown is expected to impact numbers going forward, but China is likely to continue its aggressive expansion, according to Emerging Energy Research.
Overall, the U.S. is the world’s largest producer of electricity from wind, at more than 25 GW a year.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant