Wind Turbine Market Share Revealed
The global wind turbine market grew vastly in 2007, the year for which most recent figures are available, according to Emerging Energy Research’s Global Wind Turbine Market Share Update.
Nearly 30 GW of turbines were activated during t2007, almost double the volume in 2006, according to a press release.
The United States and China accounted for nearly 48 percent of wind turbine activation. The U.S. economic slowdown is expected to impact numbers going forward, but China is likely to continue its aggressive expansion, according to Emerging Energy Research.
Overall, the U.S. is the world’s largest producer of electricity from wind, at more than 25 GW a year.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike