Wind Turbine Market Share Revealed
The global wind turbine market grew vastly in 2007, the year for which most recent figures are available, according to Emerging Energy Research’s Global Wind Turbine Market Share Update.
Nearly 30 GW of turbines were activated during t2007, almost double the volume in 2006, according to a press release.
The United States and China accounted for nearly 48 percent of wind turbine activation. The U.S. economic slowdown is expected to impact numbers going forward, but China is likely to continue its aggressive expansion, according to Emerging Energy Research.
Overall, the U.S. is the world’s largest producer of electricity from wind, at more than 25 GW a year.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store