Wind Turbine Market Share Revealed
The global wind turbine market grew vastly in 2007, the year for which most recent figures are available, according to Emerging Energy Research’s Global Wind Turbine Market Share Update.
Nearly 30 GW of turbines were activated during t2007, almost double the volume in 2006, according to a press release.
The United States and China accounted for nearly 48 percent of wind turbine activation. The U.S. economic slowdown is expected to impact numbers going forward, but China is likely to continue its aggressive expansion, according to Emerging Energy Research.
Overall, the U.S. is the world’s largest producer of electricity from wind, at more than 25 GW a year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- New Biomass Bed Material Increases Efficiency, Cuts Costs
- Silver Spring Networks Makes Smart Lighting Announcements
- “Tectonic Shift” in US Energy Use: Renewables Surging; Coal, Oil, and Electricity Down
- Daktronics Scores with University of Missouri, NYC Transit System
- Orion Introduces High-Performing High Bays
- LEGO Invests in a German Wind Farm
- Andritz Cuts Energy Consumption at Brazilian Pulp and Paper Mill
- Accelerating the Growth of Battery Energy Storage Systems