UK May Add 400,000 ‘Low-Carbon’ Jobs
By embracing environmental cleanup and slashing carbon emissions, UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown believes his nation can add 400,000 jobs over the next eight years.
Brown spoke March 6 in London, where he launched a Low Carbon Industrial Strategy.
“Today, we are publishing independent research which shows that in Britain, as a result of the frameworks we have put in place, we can expect 400,000 new environmental sector jobs over the next eight years – with a total of 1.3 million people employed in these sectors by 2017,” Brown said, according to his Web site.
Here is a video from the summit.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE