IBM Consulting Offering Helps Government Reduce Environmental Impact
IBM is now offering a consulting service which it says is designed to help government organizations better understand their overall performance on environmental issues, identify improvements that can increase energy efficiency, reduce environmental impact including greenhouse gas emissions and help ensure public institutions meet their own rising environmental standards.
The IBM Public Sector Energy and Environment Diagnostic offering uses a proprietary Heat Map tool to provide an initial analysis. Based on IBM’s Component Business Model approach, the tool breaks organizations down into logical segments — finance, operations, procurement, etc. — and then provides an analysis as to how well they are performing in terms of efficiency, cost and environmental impact.
Areas for potential environmental improvement are color coded — red for “most critical,” yellow for “moderately critical,” and green for “performing within guidelines” — to help government institutions prioritize where to make changes.
IBM says the new offering can be adapted to any future requirements for U.S. government agencies or for use with any other federal, state or municipal government in any country.
Last month, the company launched a new Strategic Carbon Management program which it says will help clients make their carbon footprints “smarter” and “smaller.”
The new services are the latest in a round of CSR and environmental services from IBM. EL has covered IBM’s Environmental Validation Service, its Green Sigma reporting to help manage energy and water and its CSR Reporting services.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations