Few Americans Relate to Carbon Offsets
The Natural Marketing Institute reports that awareness of the term “carbon offset” is low among U.S. survey respondents. Less than a third have heard of the term and just 9 percent of those aware of it have purchased carbon offset in the past year, ammounting to about 6 million U.S. adults.
Of those who are aware of the term, LOHAS consumers, opinion leaders who seek out healthy and sustainable products and services, and NATURALITES, a segment motivated largely by personal health, are most likely to translate awareness into action by purchasing offsets, according to the institute. Those marketing carbon offsets should engineer marketing campaigns towards these segments, according to the institute. Additionally, companies should engage in consumer education to combat a lack of consumer trust in carbon offset project credibility.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE