Honda Testing Hybrid Class 8 Diesel Truck
Honda claims the truck should reduce carbon dioxide emissions about 45 tons a year, as compared to its diesel counterpart.
Honda hauls service parts between its parts centers and dealerships, using a number of Class 8 trucks.
To evaluate fuel economy under a variety of driving conditions, the hybrid truck test will occur along a hilly route in Tennessee and a flat jaunt in Georgia. A conventional diesel truck will also run the routes, to provide an accurate comparison.
Paccar has an advanced hybrid vehicle program. The powertrain of this particular truck uses an Eaton hybrid engine.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016