StalkMarket Unveils Compostable Food Packaging
StalkMarket Products, a provider of compostable tableware and food packaging, has unveiled what it calls the world’s first Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) certified compostable Ingeo hot cup and lid system. BPI certification is based on standards set by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
Replacing petroleum-based products with renewable materials, the containers are 100% compostable and are manufactured from Ingeo plant-based plastics from NatureWorks LLC. The containers meet the requirements of ASTM D6400 or ASTM D6868. The Planet+ line of compostable products withstand more than 200 degrees F of wet heat and compost in 60 to 90 days in commercial composting facilities, according to the Portland, Oregon company.
As more companies implement green practices, there is a growing need for sustainable packaging. Food companies that have recently switched to compostable packaging include Gingerbread Folk, Twinings, KFC and Haigh’s Chocolates.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Retail Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 4
- Urjanet Partners with ENERGY STAR on Portfolio Manager
- Ketra Creates ‘Dynamic’ LED Light
- 4 Federal Agencies Join to Procure Solar
- Sunwave, Ideal Power Work Together on Energy Storage
- DOE Invests $6M to Increase Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings
- Natural Gas Projected to Provide Larger Share of Electricity Generation
- Industrial Gas Company Switches to Wind-Generated Electricity at Oregon Plant