Teknion, Bentley Prince Street, Kyocera Mita Receive Evergreen Awards
The U.S. General Services Administration presented 2009 Evergreen Awards to Teknion, Bentley Prince Street and Kyocera Mita for their green efforts in the business categories of furniture, furnishings and technologies and electronics, respectively.
The award program was developed to support the federal government’s environmental initiatives and assist GSA’s customers to identify environmentally preferable products. The award also recognizes the efforts of GSA’s business partners in the areas of recycling, affirmative procurement and waste prevention.
Furniture manufacturer Teknion emphasizes the use of materials with high recycled contents and it is replacing toxic materials with environmentally-friendly alternatives. In 2007, the company won the Corporate Competitiveness Award in the 6th annual Globe Awards for Environmental Excellence.
Since 1994, Bentley Prince Street, a floor coverings manufacturer, has utilized its internal waste elimination program, QUEST, to improve processes and procedures, decrease its environmental impact and take steps to eliminate waste within the company. Through QUEST, the company has reduced its waste to landfills by 95 percent and water use by 57 percent since 1994. The company is one of the Founding Reporter organizations of the Climate Registry.
Kyocera Mita, a manufacturer of printers and digital multiple function printers is receiving the award for a second time. The company has a remodeled toner cartridge that is environmentally preferable. Last September, Tracy Rawling Church from Kyocera Mita UK talked about the company’s sustainability efforts from designing and manufacturing to end of life.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments