Newspaper Promo Offsets Carbon Emissions
Save the Planet and Win, a social network dedicated to raising global carbon awareness, is helping to neutralize the carbon footprints of newspaper readers.
The network is inserting “Gallon of Gas” Carbon Offset cards in 20,000 Berkeley Daily Planet newspapers every week for two months.
When readers visit Save the Planet and Win Web site and enter the redemption code featured on the offset cards, the Berkeley Daily Planet will offset 19.6 pounds of carbon – equivalent to the emissions generated when one gallon of gas is burned.
Save the Planet and Win supports a sustainable advertising model where members participate in “Click Green and Win” programs. Each time members click on a promotion, a green sponsor purchases a certain amount of carbon offsets. The more sponsored ads watched translates into greater support for carbon offsets and social causes.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland