Newspaper Promo Offsets Carbon Emissions
Save the Planet and Win, a social network dedicated to raising global carbon awareness, is helping to neutralize the carbon footprints of newspaper readers.
The network is inserting “Gallon of Gas” Carbon Offset cards in 20,000 Berkeley Daily Planet newspapers every week for two months.
When readers visit Save the Planet and Win Web site and enter the redemption code featured on the offset cards, the Berkeley Daily Planet will offset 19.6 pounds of carbon – equivalent to the emissions generated when one gallon of gas is burned.
Save the Planet and Win supports a sustainable advertising model where members participate in “Click Green and Win” programs. Each time members click on a promotion, a green sponsor purchases a certain amount of carbon offsets. The more sponsored ads watched translates into greater support for carbon offsets and social causes.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform