Newspaper Promo Offsets Carbon Emissions
Save the Planet and Win, a social network dedicated to raising global carbon awareness, is helping to neutralize the carbon footprints of newspaper readers.
The network is inserting “Gallon of Gas” Carbon Offset cards in 20,000 Berkeley Daily Planet newspapers every week for two months.
When readers visit Save the Planet and Win Web site and enter the redemption code featured on the offset cards, the Berkeley Daily Planet will offset 19.6 pounds of carbon – equivalent to the emissions generated when one gallon of gas is burned.
Save the Planet and Win supports a sustainable advertising model where members participate in “Click Green and Win” programs. Each time members click on a promotion, a green sponsor purchases a certain amount of carbon offsets. The more sponsored ads watched translates into greater support for carbon offsets and social causes.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs