Gap, eBay, Symantec Join BICEP Coalition
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson opened the event.
“Leadership from the business community is essential to our success in protecting human health and the environment,” Jackson said, adding that “the environmentally sound thing to do is also the economically sound thing to do.”
After Jackson’s speech, Ceres President Mindy Lubber moderated a panel discussion featuring members of BICEP’s five founding companies:
- Michel Harrison, co-president, Timberland;
- Sarah Severn, director of horizons, corporate responsibility, Nike;
- Dave Douglas, senior vice president of cloud computing and chief sustainability officer, Sun Microsystems;
- Jim Hanna, director of environmental impact, Starbucks Coffee Company;
- Hilary Krane, senior vice president of corporate affairs, Levi Strauss.
A streaming audio recording of the discussion is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned