Gap, eBay, Symantec Join BICEP Coalition
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson opened the event.
“Leadership from the business community is essential to our success in protecting human health and the environment,” Jackson said, adding that “the environmentally sound thing to do is also the economically sound thing to do.”
After Jackson’s speech, Ceres President Mindy Lubber moderated a panel discussion featuring members of BICEP’s five founding companies:
- Michel Harrison, co-president, Timberland;
- Sarah Severn, director of horizons, corporate responsibility, Nike;
- Dave Douglas, senior vice president of cloud computing and chief sustainability officer, Sun Microsystems;
- Jim Hanna, director of environmental impact, Starbucks Coffee Company;
- Hilary Krane, senior vice president of corporate affairs, Levi Strauss.
A streaming audio recording of the discussion is available here.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses