Gap, eBay, Symantec Join BICEP Coalition
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson opened the event.
“Leadership from the business community is essential to our success in protecting human health and the environment,” Jackson said, adding that “the environmentally sound thing to do is also the economically sound thing to do.”
After Jackson’s speech, Ceres President Mindy Lubber moderated a panel discussion featuring members of BICEP’s five founding companies:
- Michel Harrison, co-president, Timberland;
- Sarah Severn, director of horizons, corporate responsibility, Nike;
- Dave Douglas, senior vice president of cloud computing and chief sustainability officer, Sun Microsystems;
- Jim Hanna, director of environmental impact, Starbucks Coffee Company;
- Hilary Krane, senior vice president of corporate affairs, Levi Strauss.
A streaming audio recording of the discussion is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls