Vail Resorts Aims to Cut Energy Use 10% By 2010
A 40-year old boiler was replaced with a new high-efficiency model at the Lodge at Vail. The switch cost the hotel of $300,000 but is expected to result in 5 percent to 7 percent less consumption of natural gas. The investment is expected to pay for itself within five to seven years.
The Great Divide Lodge in Breckenridge recently received the EPA’s Energy Star award for using about 50 percent less energy than the national average for similar hotels.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform