Vail Resorts Aims to Cut Energy Use 10% By 2010
A 40-year old boiler was replaced with a new high-efficiency model at the Lodge at Vail. The switch cost the hotel of $300,000 but is expected to result in 5 percent to 7 percent less consumption of natural gas. The investment is expected to pay for itself within five to seven years.
The Great Divide Lodge in Breckenridge recently received the EPA’s Energy Star award for using about 50 percent less energy than the national average for similar hotels.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management