Solar Power Costs Declining
The cost of installing solar is trending downward. Companies that aren’t in position to reap the rewards will fall behind their competitors, according to a report from Photon Consulting LLC.
The report, “The True Cost of Solar: Race to $1/w,” suggests that by 2012, in sunnier areas, solar power will be generated for less than 10 cents per kilowatt/hour. An executive summary of the report is available here.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion