Solar Power Costs Declining
The cost of installing solar is trending downward. Companies that aren’t in position to reap the rewards will fall behind their competitors, according to a report from Photon Consulting LLC.
The report, “The True Cost of Solar: Race to $1/w,” suggests that by 2012, in sunnier areas, solar power will be generated for less than 10 cents per kilowatt/hour. An executive summary of the report is available here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland