BP Emissions Lowest Among Big Oil Companies
British Petroleum has the most favorable carbon emissions rating among major oil producers, according to a study from consulting firm PFC Energy.
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 the most favorable, BP rates at 3.65 for its carbon disclosures, according to Financial Times.
PFC composes rankings based on data from corporate sustainability reports, annual reports and corporate websites.
BP has been praised for its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign.
In February, Shell was accused of greenwashing.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT