BP Emissions Lowest Among Big Oil Companies
British Petroleum has the most favorable carbon emissions rating among major oil producers, according to a study from consulting firm PFC Energy.
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 the most favorable, BP rates at 3.65 for its carbon disclosures, according to Financial Times.
PFC composes rankings based on data from corporate sustainability reports, annual reports and corporate websites.
BP has been praised for its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign.
In February, Shell was accused of greenwashing.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works