BP Emissions Lowest Among Big Oil Companies
British Petroleum has the most favorable carbon emissions rating among major oil producers, according to a study from consulting firm PFC Energy.
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 the most favorable, BP rates at 3.65 for its carbon disclosures, according to Financial Times.
PFC composes rankings based on data from corporate sustainability reports, annual reports and corporate websites.
BP has been praised for its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign.
In February, Shell was accused of greenwashing.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses