BP Emissions Lowest Among Big Oil Companies
British Petroleum has the most favorable carbon emissions rating among major oil producers, according to a study from consulting firm PFC Energy.
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 the most favorable, BP rates at 3.65 for its carbon disclosures, according to Financial Times.
PFC composes rankings based on data from corporate sustainability reports, annual reports and corporate websites.
BP has been praised for its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign.
In February, Shell was accused of greenwashing.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend