BP Emissions Lowest Among Big Oil Companies
British Petroleum has the most favorable carbon emissions rating among major oil producers, according to a study from consulting firm PFC Energy.
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 the most favorable, BP rates at 3.65 for its carbon disclosures, according to Financial Times.
PFC composes rankings based on data from corporate sustainability reports, annual reports and corporate websites.
BP has been praised for its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign.
In February, Shell was accused of greenwashing.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency