Photovoltaic Solar Installations up 110% in 2008
A record 5.95 gigawatts in solar photovoltaic panels were installed last year, up from 2.83 GW in 2007.
Europe comprised 82 percent of worldwide deman, with Spain and its government incentives growing 285 percent.
The photovoltaic industry generated $37.1 billion in revenue globally, up from $17.2 billion the previous year.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion