Photovoltaic Solar Installations up 110% in 2008
A record 5.95 gigawatts in solar photovoltaic panels were installed last year, up from 2.83 GW in 2007.
Europe comprised 82 percent of worldwide deman, with Spain and its government incentives growing 285 percent.
The photovoltaic industry generated $37.1 billion in revenue globally, up from $17.2 billion the previous year.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform