Photovoltaic Solar Installations up 110% in 2008
A record 5.95 gigawatts in solar photovoltaic panels were installed last year, up from 2.83 GW in 2007.
Europe comprised 82 percent of worldwide deman, with Spain and its government incentives growing 285 percent.
The photovoltaic industry generated $37.1 billion in revenue globally, up from $17.2 billion the previous year.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries