Photovoltaic Solar Installations up 110% in 2008
A record 5.95 gigawatts in solar photovoltaic panels were installed last year, up from 2.83 GW in 2007.
Europe comprised 82 percent of worldwide deman, with Spain and its government incentives growing 285 percent.
The photovoltaic industry generated $37.1 billion in revenue globally, up from $17.2 billion the previous year.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform