Photovoltaic Solar Installations up 110% in 2008
A record 5.95 gigawatts in solar photovoltaic panels were installed last year, up from 2.83 GW in 2007.
Europe comprised 82 percent of worldwide deman, with Spain and its government incentives growing 285 percent.
The photovoltaic industry generated $37.1 billion in revenue globally, up from $17.2 billion the previous year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland