VRTX Inks Deal with Chem-Aqua for Chemical-Free Water Treatment
VRTX Technologies, a water treatment company that specializes in chemical-free treatment for cooling towers and evaporative condensers, has inked a non-exclusive representative agreement with Chem-Aqua, Inc., a water treatment company.
As a part of its Resourcefully Green initiatives program, the Irving, Texas-based Chem-Aqua added VRTX’s non-chemical treatment to its portfolio of clean and “green” water treatment technologies, processes and chemicals that help minimize energy and water usage.
VRTX, headquartered in Schertz, Texas, claims it is the only commercial water treatment company using controlled hydrodynamic cavitation to treat cooling water. Studies show an average VRTX customer can reduce water usage by up to 40 percent, according to company. VRTX customers are currently saving over one-billion gallons of water annually.
The VRTX chemical-free and sustainable treatment allows cooling towers to reuse the water without any harmful impact to the environment. Cooling towers consume about 35 percent of the total water use in a building, according to VRTX, and together with evaporative condensers, are a major source of water consumption in a building, with more than 50% of non-agricultural water use in the U.S. being attributed to evaporative cooling.
In general, cooling towers and evaporative condensers are installed on buildings with 150,000 sq. feet or more, including office buildings, manufacturing facilities, hospitals, schools and food processing plants. Currently, there are more than 400,000 cooling towers already installed in the United States, according to VRTX.
Energy Manager News
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind