VRTX Inks Deal with Chem-Aqua for Chemical-Free Water Treatment
VRTX Technologies, a water treatment company that specializes in chemical-free treatment for cooling towers and evaporative condensers, has inked a non-exclusive representative agreement with Chem-Aqua, Inc., a water treatment company.
As a part of its Resourcefully Green initiatives program, the Irving, Texas-based Chem-Aqua added VRTX’s non-chemical treatment to its portfolio of clean and “green” water treatment technologies, processes and chemicals that help minimize energy and water usage.
VRTX, headquartered in Schertz, Texas, claims it is the only commercial water treatment company using controlled hydrodynamic cavitation to treat cooling water. Studies show an average VRTX customer can reduce water usage by up to 40 percent, according to company. VRTX customers are currently saving over one-billion gallons of water annually.
The VRTX chemical-free and sustainable treatment allows cooling towers to reuse the water without any harmful impact to the environment. Cooling towers consume about 35 percent of the total water use in a building, according to VRTX, and together with evaporative condensers, are a major source of water consumption in a building, with more than 50% of non-agricultural water use in the U.S. being attributed to evaporative cooling.
In general, cooling towers and evaporative condensers are installed on buildings with 150,000 sq. feet or more, including office buildings, manufacturing facilities, hospitals, schools and food processing plants. Currently, there are more than 400,000 cooling towers already installed in the United States, according to VRTX.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight