Porsche Deploys Solar Power System in the U.S.
Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) has unveiled the deployment of its first solar-power system in the U.S. at the Porsche Logistics LLC facility in Ontario, California. Ontario Mayer Paul S. Leon, along with representatives from HelioPower and Sharp Solar Energy Solutions Group were present for the opening ceremony.
Representing one of the more significant solar installations in the Ontario metro area, the PCNA system, a HelioPower 80-kV solar power array with 372 Sharp solar modules, will produce 135,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of renewable electricity annually.
The new solar panel installation will receive the Inland Empire’s Green Valley Initiative (GVI) award, which is said to be the first “Certificate of Recognition” for environmentally sound projects in the region. GVI is a cooperative effort between stakeholders throughout San Bernardino and Riverside counties that encourage the growth of local green technologies and businesses.
However, Porsche isn’t the only luxury maker going solar. Earlier this year, Ferrari unveiled a new solar panel system that will cut annual power usage by 210,000 kilowatt-hours at its facility in Maranello, Italy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market