Renewable Energy Distribution Market Grows
Companies that have solar and wind power generators tied into the grid are part of a major growth area, according to Pike Research.
Renewable Distributed Energy Generation (RDEG) revenue from sub-utility scale operations grew 76 percent globally between 2007 and 2008. Pike Research puts total revenues at $29.9 billion at the end of 2008, and it predicts the market to more than double in value to $60.6 billion by 2013.
A 107-page study on the topic is available here.
Globally, photovoltaic solar installations were up 110 percent in 2008.
Another report shows that solar power costs are declining.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store