Renewable Energy Distribution Market Grows
Companies that have solar and wind power generators tied into the grid are part of a major growth area, according to Pike Research.
Renewable Distributed Energy Generation (RDEG) revenue from sub-utility scale operations grew 76 percent globally between 2007 and 2008. Pike Research puts total revenues at $29.9 billion at the end of 2008, and it predicts the market to more than double in value to $60.6 billion by 2013.
A 107-page study on the topic is available here.
Globally, photovoltaic solar installations were up 110 percent in 2008.
Another report shows that solar power costs are declining.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management