Renewable Energy Distribution Market Grows
Companies that have solar and wind power generators tied into the grid are part of a major growth area, according to Pike Research.
Renewable Distributed Energy Generation (RDEG) revenue from sub-utility scale operations grew 76 percent globally between 2007 and 2008. Pike Research puts total revenues at $29.9 billion at the end of 2008, and it predicts the market to more than double in value to $60.6 billion by 2013.
A 107-page study on the topic is available here.
Globally, photovoltaic solar installations were up 110 percent in 2008.
Another report shows that solar power costs are declining.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA