Renewable Energy Distribution Market Grows
Companies that have solar and wind power generators tied into the grid are part of a major growth area, according to Pike Research.
Renewable Distributed Energy Generation (RDEG) revenue from sub-utility scale operations grew 76 percent globally between 2007 and 2008. Pike Research puts total revenues at $29.9 billion at the end of 2008, and it predicts the market to more than double in value to $60.6 billion by 2013.
A 107-page study on the topic is available here.
Globally, photovoltaic solar installations were up 110 percent in 2008.
Another report shows that solar power costs are declining.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls