Renewable Energy Distribution Market Grows
Companies that have solar and wind power generators tied into the grid are part of a major growth area, according to Pike Research.
Renewable Distributed Energy Generation (RDEG) revenue from sub-utility scale operations grew 76 percent globally between 2007 and 2008. Pike Research puts total revenues at $29.9 billion at the end of 2008, and it predicts the market to more than double in value to $60.6 billion by 2013.
A 107-page study on the topic is available here.
Globally, photovoltaic solar installations were up 110 percent in 2008.
Another report shows that solar power costs are declining.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market