Toshiba Expands Sustainability Commitment
Toshiba is planning more “green” products and it will revise its green procurement guidelines, IndustryWeek reports.
The computer maker will continue to evaluate ways to conserve resources, save energy and reduce the use of toxic substances, the article states. Additionally, Toshiba is putting extra consideration into its products end-life reuse and recycling by incorporating a new design concept.
Working with suppliers to reduce the use of chemical substances and hazardous materials throughout its supply base, Toshiba also aims to reduce the environmental impact of its products.
In March of 2008, the computer maker announced new environmental initiatives, along with an ecolabel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend