Toshiba Expands Sustainability Commitment
Toshiba is planning more “green” products and it will revise its green procurement guidelines, IndustryWeek reports.
The computer maker will continue to evaluate ways to conserve resources, save energy and reduce the use of toxic substances, the article states. Additionally, Toshiba is putting extra consideration into its products end-life reuse and recycling by incorporating a new design concept.
Working with suppliers to reduce the use of chemical substances and hazardous materials throughout its supply base, Toshiba also aims to reduce the environmental impact of its products.
In March of 2008, the computer maker announced new environmental initiatives, along with an ecolabel.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report