Toshiba Expands Sustainability Commitment
Toshiba is planning more “green” products and it will revise its green procurement guidelines, IndustryWeek reports.
The computer maker will continue to evaluate ways to conserve resources, save energy and reduce the use of toxic substances, the article states. Additionally, Toshiba is putting extra consideration into its products end-life reuse and recycling by incorporating a new design concept.
Working with suppliers to reduce the use of chemical substances and hazardous materials throughout its supply base, Toshiba also aims to reduce the environmental impact of its products.
In March of 2008, the computer maker announced new environmental initiatives, along with an ecolabel.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion