Toshiba Expands Sustainability Commitment
Toshiba is planning more “green” products and it will revise its green procurement guidelines, IndustryWeek reports.
The computer maker will continue to evaluate ways to conserve resources, save energy and reduce the use of toxic substances, the article states. Additionally, Toshiba is putting extra consideration into its products end-life reuse and recycling by incorporating a new design concept.
Working with suppliers to reduce the use of chemical substances and hazardous materials throughout its supply base, Toshiba also aims to reduce the environmental impact of its products.
In March of 2008, the computer maker announced new environmental initiatives, along with an ecolabel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland