Toshiba Expands Sustainability Commitment
Toshiba is planning more “green” products and it will revise its green procurement guidelines, IndustryWeek reports.
The computer maker will continue to evaluate ways to conserve resources, save energy and reduce the use of toxic substances, the article states. Additionally, Toshiba is putting extra consideration into its products end-life reuse and recycling by incorporating a new design concept.
Working with suppliers to reduce the use of chemical substances and hazardous materials throughout its supply base, Toshiba also aims to reduce the environmental impact of its products.
In March of 2008, the computer maker announced new environmental initiatives, along with an ecolabel.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers