Meeting Industry Aims to Cut Waste
The average meeting attendee generates about 20 pounds of trash, and that’s a number that the meeting industry would like to reduce.
On Earth Day, April 22, the council will invite meeting planners, venues and hotels to measure the waste they recycle or compost. Participants can enter the total weight online and GMIC will formulate the total amount saved from the trash heap.
MCI Group, Meeting Strategies Worldwide, American Express Travel and Oracle Corporation are among the participants so far, according to GMIC.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland