Meeting Industry Aims to Cut Waste
The average meeting attendee generates about 20 pounds of trash, and that’s a number that the meeting industry would like to reduce.
On Earth Day, April 22, the council will invite meeting planners, venues and hotels to measure the waste they recycle or compost. Participants can enter the total weight online and GMIC will formulate the total amount saved from the trash heap.
MCI Group, Meeting Strategies Worldwide, American Express Travel and Oracle Corporation are among the participants so far, according to GMIC.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years