Meeting Industry Aims to Cut Waste
The average meeting attendee generates about 20 pounds of trash, and that’s a number that the meeting industry would like to reduce.
On Earth Day, April 22, the council will invite meeting planners, venues and hotels to measure the waste they recycle or compost. Participants can enter the total weight online and GMIC will formulate the total amount saved from the trash heap.
MCI Group, Meeting Strategies Worldwide, American Express Travel and Oracle Corporation are among the participants so far, according to GMIC.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform