Meeting Industry Aims to Cut Waste
The average meeting attendee generates about 20 pounds of trash, and that’s a number that the meeting industry would like to reduce.
On Earth Day, April 22, the council will invite meeting planners, venues and hotels to measure the waste they recycle or compost. Participants can enter the total weight online and GMIC will formulate the total amount saved from the trash heap.
MCI Group, Meeting Strategies Worldwide, American Express Travel and Oracle Corporation are among the participants so far, according to GMIC.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B