Ricoh, Taisei Pledging Environmentally Beneficial Patents to Public Domain
Ricoh and Taisei have joined Eco-Patent Commons, which is coordinated by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, to offer certain patents to the public domain.
According to a press release, Ricoh and Taisei are offering the following patents:
- A technology developed by Ricoh that focuses on the recycling of removable cartridges;
- A construction technology developed by Taisei to improve water quality.
Additionally, DuPont, which last fall joined the initiative and pledged four patents, is pledging seven more patents. These patents are for refrigerant materials and they could reduce ozone depletion.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant