Ricoh, Taisei Pledging Environmentally Beneficial Patents to Public Domain
Ricoh and Taisei have joined Eco-Patent Commons, which is coordinated by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, to offer certain patents to the public domain.
According to a press release, Ricoh and Taisei are offering the following patents:
- A technology developed by Ricoh that focuses on the recycling of removable cartridges;
- A construction technology developed by Taisei to improve water quality.
Additionally, DuPont, which last fall joined the initiative and pledged four patents, is pledging seven more patents. These patents are for refrigerant materials and they could reduce ozone depletion.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE