Ricoh, Taisei Pledging Environmentally Beneficial Patents to Public Domain
Ricoh and Taisei have joined Eco-Patent Commons, which is coordinated by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, to offer certain patents to the public domain.
According to a press release, Ricoh and Taisei are offering the following patents:
- A technology developed by Ricoh that focuses on the recycling of removable cartridges;
- A construction technology developed by Taisei to improve water quality.
Additionally, DuPont, which last fall joined the initiative and pledged four patents, is pledging seven more patents. These patents are for refrigerant materials and they could reduce ozone depletion.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B