Ricoh, Taisei Pledging Environmentally Beneficial Patents to Public Domain
Ricoh and Taisei have joined Eco-Patent Commons, which is coordinated by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, to offer certain patents to the public domain.
According to a press release, Ricoh and Taisei are offering the following patents:
- A technology developed by Ricoh that focuses on the recycling of removable cartridges;
- A construction technology developed by Taisei to improve water quality.
Additionally, DuPont, which last fall joined the initiative and pledged four patents, is pledging seven more patents. These patents are for refrigerant materials and they could reduce ozone depletion.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland