Staples Seizing on Earth Day Promotion
As part of its Earth Day promotion, Staples is offering $50 rebates toward the purchase of a new printer to consumers who bring in an old printer for recycling.
The new printer must cost $179 or more. The deal lasts through May 2. During its 2008 recycling event, Staples recycled more than 100,000 printers. It expects the number to be higher this year.
Additionally, Staples is offering free recycling on any and all computer equipment on Earth Day, April 22, according to a press release.
Staples already offers rewards for recycling printer toner cartridges.
Competitor Best Buy also offers recycling incentives. It charges a $10 recycling fee but offers consumers a $10 gift card.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments