Staples Seizing on Earth Day Promotion
As part of its Earth Day promotion, Staples is offering $50 rebates toward the purchase of a new printer to consumers who bring in an old printer for recycling.
The new printer must cost $179 or more. The deal lasts through May 2. During its 2008 recycling event, Staples recycled more than 100,000 printers. It expects the number to be higher this year.
Additionally, Staples is offering free recycling on any and all computer equipment on Earth Day, April 22, according to a press release.
Staples already offers rewards for recycling printer toner cartridges.
Competitor Best Buy also offers recycling incentives. It charges a $10 recycling fee but offers consumers a $10 gift card.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland