Suite of PepsiCo Brands to Eliminate Wood Pallets
As soon as inventory of wood pallets has been exhausted, all products from PepsiCo.’s Gatorade, Quaker Foods and Tropicana business units will be shipped on plastic pallets.
In a letter PepsiCo sent to its customers March 20, the company touted the iGPS pallets as “fire-retardant, with a significantly lower burn index than wood pallets. iGPS pallets are fully edge rackable (2,800 lbs capacity) and 20 – 27 lbs. lighter than the average wood pooled pallet. If an iGPS pallet should become damaged, it will be remolded into new ones, making its useful life indefinite.”
Other companies are making pallet choice a part of their sustainability process. For instance, Cole’s Quality Foods has switched to reusable Chep pallets instead of one-way pallets.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project