Aquafina Eco-Fina Bottle Claims Lightest Weight in its Class
At 10.9 grams, Aquafina claims its new half-liter Eco-Fina plastic water bottle is the lightest in its class.
The new bottle is made with 50 percent less plastic, which could help eliminate an estimated 75 million pounds of plastic annually, according to a press release.
Aquafina, which is owned by PepsiCo, is further reducing the environmental footprint of its water by eliminating cardboard base pads from its 24-packs. The company says this move will save 20 million pounds of corrugated material by 2010.
Here is a video that Aquafina put together.
A 20-percent reduction in plastic used to make Pepsi’s 500ml flavored non-carbonated beverage bottles was a previous milestone.
PepsiCo’s most recent CSR report came out in January.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry