Aquafina Eco-Fina Bottle Claims Lightest Weight in its Class
At 10.9 grams, Aquafina claims its new half-liter Eco-Fina plastic water bottle is the lightest in its class.
The new bottle is made with 50 percent less plastic, which could help eliminate an estimated 75 million pounds of plastic annually, according to a press release.
Aquafina, which is owned by PepsiCo, is further reducing the environmental footprint of its water by eliminating cardboard base pads from its 24-packs. The company says this move will save 20 million pounds of corrugated material by 2010.
Here is a video that Aquafina put together.
A 20-percent reduction in plastic used to make Pepsi’s 500ml flavored non-carbonated beverage bottles was a previous milestone.
PepsiCo’s most recent CSR report came out in January.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018