Climate-related Auto Insurance Offerings Rise
Automobile insurance providers are adding more incentives for people to reduce their impact on the climate.
According to new research from Ceres, nearly 25 companies offer pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) insurance products-with discounts of up to 60 percent for policyholders who drive less than the average driver. Insurers report this incentive significantly reduces the total miles driven.
There are at least 17 forms of discounts for fuel-efficient or low-emission vehicle, Ceres reports.
Fireman’s Fund launched the first replacement-upgrade product for hybrid cars.
And Travelers offers up to a 10 percent premium discount for hybrid-electric boats and yachts.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners