Climate-related Auto Insurance Offerings Rise
Automobile insurance providers are adding more incentives for people to reduce their impact on the climate.
According to new research from Ceres, nearly 25 companies offer pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) insurance products-with discounts of up to 60 percent for policyholders who drive less than the average driver. Insurers report this incentive significantly reduces the total miles driven.
There are at least 17 forms of discounts for fuel-efficient or low-emission vehicle, Ceres reports.
Fireman’s Fund launched the first replacement-upgrade product for hybrid cars.
And Travelers offers up to a 10 percent premium discount for hybrid-electric boats and yachts.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE