Climate-related Auto Insurance Offerings Rise
Automobile insurance providers are adding more incentives for people to reduce their impact on the climate.
According to new research from Ceres, nearly 25 companies offer pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) insurance products-with discounts of up to 60 percent for policyholders who drive less than the average driver. Insurers report this incentive significantly reduces the total miles driven.
There are at least 17 forms of discounts for fuel-efficient or low-emission vehicle, Ceres reports.
Fireman’s Fund launched the first replacement-upgrade product for hybrid cars.
And Travelers offers up to a 10 percent premium discount for hybrid-electric boats and yachts.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.