Climate-related Auto Insurance Offerings Rise
Automobile insurance providers are adding more incentives for people to reduce their impact on the climate.
According to new research from Ceres, nearly 25 companies offer pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) insurance products-with discounts of up to 60 percent for policyholders who drive less than the average driver. Insurers report this incentive significantly reduces the total miles driven.
There are at least 17 forms of discounts for fuel-efficient or low-emission vehicle, Ceres reports.
Fireman’s Fund launched the first replacement-upgrade product for hybrid cars.
And Travelers offers up to a 10 percent premium discount for hybrid-electric boats and yachts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland