Climate-related Auto Insurance Offerings Rise
Automobile insurance providers are adding more incentives for people to reduce their impact on the climate.
According to new research from Ceres, nearly 25 companies offer pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) insurance products-with discounts of up to 60 percent for policyholders who drive less than the average driver. Insurers report this incentive significantly reduces the total miles driven.
There are at least 17 forms of discounts for fuel-efficient or low-emission vehicle, Ceres reports.
Fireman’s Fund launched the first replacement-upgrade product for hybrid cars.
And Travelers offers up to a 10 percent premium discount for hybrid-electric boats and yachts.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls