Climate-related Auto Insurance Offerings Rise
Automobile insurance providers are adding more incentives for people to reduce their impact on the climate.
According to new research from Ceres, nearly 25 companies offer pay-as-you-drive (PAYD) insurance products-with discounts of up to 60 percent for policyholders who drive less than the average driver. Insurers report this incentive significantly reduces the total miles driven.
There are at least 17 forms of discounts for fuel-efficient or low-emission vehicle, Ceres reports.
Fireman’s Fund launched the first replacement-upgrade product for hybrid cars.
And Travelers offers up to a 10 percent premium discount for hybrid-electric boats and yachts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Direct Current Powers Building
- Honeywell Acquires Elster for $5.1B
- Business Services Firm Adds Energy Management to its Offerings
- Researchers Find a Way to Capture, Use Lost Solar Energy
- Ideal Power, KACO Converge Energy Storage, Solar
- Constellation Deploys Solar for Baltimore Ravens
- Franklin Energy Wins Contract for Wisconsin Load Limiting Program
- 80% of Businesses Choose Competitive Electricity Retailers in Deregulated Areas