Momentum Builds for .eco Web Domains
If an advocacy group is successful, companies and individuals may one day be able to promote their environmental and sustainability initiatives on the Web with a .eco domain name.
Dot Eco LLC is petitioning ICANN, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, for the top-level domain segment.
Dot Eco also has a partnership with former Vice President Al Gore and his “Alliance for Climate Protection” philanthropy. Also, the Sierra Club has joined the move to add the domain.
The advisory board of Dot Eco LLC includes:
- Davis Guggenheim (director of An Inconvenient Truth)
- Actor Roger Moore (Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF)
- Richard Muller (Author of Physics for Future Presidents and contributor to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)
- Jim Dufour of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution