GE Wins Award for Best Sustainability Reporting
GE Corporation has earned the top sustainability reporting award at the 2009 Ceres Conference in San Francisco, California. The winners of the Ceres-Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) reporting awards also included Seventh Generation, Ball Corporation, Symantec, the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Winter Games and Dell Inc.
GE’s 2007-08 Citizenship Report provides a complete picture of how the company’s sustainability priorities are aligned with the company’s strategic business priorities, said ACCA. The report also covers emerging global challenges including climate change and energy, globalization, human rights, water scarcity, and the subprime mortgage crisis.
The Ceres-ACCA program, now in its eighth year, awards best practices in reporting on sustainability issues by North American organizations. The program is also designed to provide guidance to other groups and companies that are publishing or intend to publish sustainability or corporate social responsibility reports.
The winners were selected by an 11-person independent panel of judges representing a variety of sectors including nonprofit, corporate and investment companies. Criteria focused on completeness, credibility, and effectiveness of communication.
CorporateRegister.com recently announced the winners of its second CR Reporting Awards 2008 (CRRA ’08). Vodafone Group took three awards this year for Best Overall Report, Relevance & Materiality and Credibility through Assurance.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters