Eco Promotions Revolve Around Dole Choice Greens Packaging
Choice Greens salads from Dole Food Co. are being marketed in packaging that is made from 70 percent recycled materials and the company is using the brand as a way to highlight some green promotions.
The Choice Greens packaging also is produced using 50 percent solar energy, according to Dole. Some salads sold in the packaging include Sassy Baby Blend, Baby Garden Blend, Baby Arugula with Spinach, Baby Romaine and Baby Spinach with Tender Reds.
In a recent promotion with Hen House Supermarkets in Kansas City, Dole offered consumers who used a supermarket loyalty card the chance to win a Toyota Prius. The drawing occurs Earth Day, April 22. A green-colored Prius was put in a store’s produce section, the car emblazoned with logos and other information about Dole’s environmentally-friendly packaging.
A study suggests that, despite the economy, shoppers are more attracted to products with green or sustainable packaging.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid