Lenovo Touts Use Of Recycled Materials
Lenovo says it’s leading the PC industry in offering the most PC products that use post-consumer recycled materials. According to the company, these products also contain a higher percentage of post-consumer recycled content than competitorsâ€™ offerings.
In 2008, Lenovo used more than 2.2 million pounds of post-consumer recycled plastics in its PCs.
Based on EPEAT data, Lenovo says it offers the most number of EPEAT Gold-rated products overall â€“ a total of 69 products â€“ with those products containing the highest amounts of recycled content. Lenovo points to select ThinkCentre desktops that it says use up to 27 percent post-consumer recycled polymers. And Lenovoâ€™s ThinkStation D20 workstation uses nearly 30 percent post consumer content.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters