Lenovo Touts Use Of Recycled Materials
Lenovo says it’s leading the PC industry in offering the most PC products that use post-consumer recycled materials. According to the company, these products also contain a higher percentage of post-consumer recycled content than competitors‚Äô offerings.
In 2008, Lenovo used more than 2.2 million pounds of post-consumer recycled plastics in its PCs.
Based on EPEAT data, Lenovo says it offers the most number of EPEAT Gold-rated products overall ‚Äď a total of 69 products ‚Äď with those products containing the highest amounts of recycled content. Lenovo points to select ThinkCentre desktops that it says use up to 27 percent post-consumer recycled polymers. And Lenovo‚Äôs ThinkStation D20 workstation uses nearly 30 percent post consumer content.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts