Lenovo Touts Use Of Recycled Materials
Lenovo says it’s leading the PC industry in offering the most PC products that use post-consumer recycled materials. According to the company, these products also contain a higher percentage of post-consumer recycled content than competitorsâ€™ offerings.
In 2008, Lenovo used more than 2.2 million pounds of post-consumer recycled plastics in its PCs.
Based on EPEAT data, Lenovo says it offers the most number of EPEAT Gold-rated products overall â€“ a total of 69 products â€“ with those products containing the highest amounts of recycled content. Lenovo points to select ThinkCentre desktops that it says use up to 27 percent post-consumer recycled polymers. And Lenovoâ€™s ThinkStation D20 workstation uses nearly 30 percent post consumer content.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledgeâ€“and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners