SunChips Plans 100% Compostable Chip Bag
In 2010, SunChips says it will introduce the first fully compostable chip bag, designed to fully decompose in about 14 weeks when placed in a hot, active compost heap – as illustrated in this promo video.
Today, SunChips says that 33% of every 10 1/2 oz. size bag is made with renewable, plant-based materials. You can learn the details here (PDF).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland