SunChips Plans 100% Compostable Chip Bag
In 2010, SunChips says it will introduce the first fully compostable chip bag, designed to fully decompose in about 14 weeks when placed in a hot, active compost heap – as illustrated in this promo video.
Today, SunChips says that 33% of every 10 1/2 oz. size bag is made with renewable, plant-based materials. You can learn the details here (PDF).
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M