SunChips Plans 100% Compostable Chip Bag
In 2010, SunChips says it will introduce the first fully compostable chip bag, designed to fully decompose in about 14 weeks when placed in a hot, active compost heap – as illustrated in this promo video.
Today, SunChips says that 33% of every 10 1/2 oz. size bag is made with renewable, plant-based materials. You can learn the details here (PDF).
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls