SunChips Plans 100% Compostable Chip Bag
In 2010, SunChips says it will introduce the first fully compostable chip bag, designed to fully decompose in about 14 weeks when placed in a hot, active compost heap – as illustrated in this promo video.
Today, SunChips says that 33% of every 10 1/2 oz. size bag is made with renewable, plant-based materials. You can learn the details here (PDF).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments