AOL, MassMutual Among Green IT Award Winners
AOL, MassMutual and eNation were among winners of the annual Green Enterprise IT Awards (GEIT), recognized for creating reliable, sustainable and energy-efficient data centers.
The Uptime Institute and U.S. Department of Energy announced the winners April 15 at the 4th Annual Institute Research Symposium: LEAN, CLEAN, and GREEN.
According to a press release, the 2009 GEIT Awards winners are:
Data Center Energy Efficiency Improvement: IT
- AOL: AOL Enterprise-Wide Data Center Optimization Project
Data Center Energy Efficiency Improvement: Joint IT and Facilities
- MassMutual Financial Group: MassMutual “Green IT Initiatives”
Data Center Facility Design
- eNation Corporation: Integrated Design of Green High-Density Data Center
Energy Efficient Products: Facilities
- Verari Systems: Containerized Green Data Center Technology
Energy Efficient Products: IT
- APC by Schneider Electric: InRow Products with Active Response Controls & Integrated Thermal Containment
Green IT Beyond the Data Center
- University of Notre Dame Center for Research Computing: Grid Heating Clusters
Data Center Energy Efficiency Improvement: Facilities
- UniCredit Group: Free Cooling in Munich Data Center
More information about the GEIT Awards judges and the judging criteria is available here.
Kenneth Brill, executive director of the Uptime Institute, offers five tips on how to cut energy bills while increasing cooling reliability and stability.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency Efforts Face Obstacles in New Buildings and Retrofits
- Turlock Irrigation District Offers Incentives
- Invenergy Signs Deals with Equinix and Owens Corning
- Overcoming Skepticism about Energy Upgrades
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking