AOL, MassMutual Among Green IT Award Winners
AOL, MassMutual and eNation were among winners of the annual Green Enterprise IT Awards (GEIT), recognized for creating reliable, sustainable and energy-efficient data centers.
The Uptime Institute and U.S. Department of Energy announced the winners April 15 at the 4th Annual Institute Research Symposium: LEAN, CLEAN, and GREEN.
According to a press release, the 2009 GEIT Awards winners are:
Data Center Energy Efficiency Improvement: IT
- AOL: AOL Enterprise-Wide Data Center Optimization Project
Data Center Energy Efficiency Improvement: Joint IT and Facilities
- MassMutual Financial Group: MassMutual “Green IT Initiatives”
Data Center Facility Design
- eNation Corporation: Integrated Design of Green High-Density Data Center
Energy Efficient Products: Facilities
- Verari Systems: Containerized Green Data Center Technology
Energy Efficient Products: IT
- APC by Schneider Electric: InRow Products with Active Response Controls & Integrated Thermal Containment
Green IT Beyond the Data Center
- University of Notre Dame Center for Research Computing: Grid Heating Clusters
Data Center Energy Efficiency Improvement: Facilities
- UniCredit Group: Free Cooling in Munich Data Center
More information about the GEIT Awards judges and the judging criteria is available here.
Kenneth Brill, executive director of the Uptime Institute, offers five tips on how to cut energy bills while increasing cooling reliability and stability.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls