Economic Downturn Painful for the Environment
Olga Speranskaya, a Russian scientist and winner of the Goldman Environmental Prize, says the world economic downturn will hurt efforts to save the environment.
A recent survey shows that the growth rate for sales of “green” items has slowed as consumers take in the economic malaise.
Still, one-third of business leaders, in another survey, said an economic downturn will not derail their company’s sustainability efforts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland