Economic Downturn Painful for the Environment
Olga Speranskaya, a Russian scientist and winner of the Goldman Environmental Prize, says the world economic downturn will hurt efforts to save the environment.
A recent survey shows that the growth rate for sales of “green” items has slowed as consumers take in the economic malaise.
Still, one-third of business leaders, in another survey, said an economic downturn will not derail their company’s sustainability efforts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento