Economic Downturn Painful for the Environment
Olga Speranskaya, a Russian scientist and winner of the Goldman Environmental Prize, says the world economic downturn will hurt efforts to save the environment.
A recent survey shows that the growth rate for sales of “green” items has slowed as consumers take in the economic malaise.
Still, one-third of business leaders, in another survey, said an economic downturn will not derail their company’s sustainability efforts.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics