Economic Downturn Painful for the Environment
Olga Speranskaya, a Russian scientist and winner of the Goldman Environmental Prize, says the world economic downturn will hurt efforts to save the environment.
A recent survey shows that the growth rate for sales of “green” items has slowed as consumers take in the economic malaise.
Still, one-third of business leaders, in another survey, said an economic downturn will not derail their company’s sustainability efforts.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store