LEED Professional Accreditation Hits 100,000, Two New APs Added
With the addition of two new categories, even more professionals will have the chance to seek accreditation.
The institute now offers:
- Green Associate for allied professions, new green builders, and graduating students
- a specialized credential for Green Building Operations & Maintenance.
Despite the economic downturn, or perhaps because of it, the increase in LEED APs doubled last year, far outpacing the institute’s expectations, according to a press release.
The institute, which was created to administer certification and credentialing programs related to green building practices and professional accreditation, has more than 20,000 green building certification verifications completed or under way.
Demand for green builders is intensifying.
More and more, the unemployed are seeking jobs in the green sector, according to Cleveland.com.
Yet while demand is going over the top, the actual number of jobs available oftentimes is less than the market can fill. San Diego-area National University recently held a green jobs fair in Kearny Mesa, Calif., to roughly coincide with Earth Day. And while many companies exhibited at the event, only one was actually looking for an employee, reports the San Diego-Union Tribune.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report