LEED Professional Accreditation Hits 100,000, Two New APs Added
With the addition of two new categories, even more professionals will have the chance to seek accreditation.
The institute now offers:
- Green Associate for allied professions, new green builders, and graduating students
- a specialized credential for Green Building Operations & Maintenance.
Despite the economic downturn, or perhaps because of it, the increase in LEED APs doubled last year, far outpacing the institute’s expectations, according to a press release.
The institute, which was created to administer certification and credentialing programs related to green building practices and professional accreditation, has more than 20,000 green building certification verifications completed or under way.
Demand for green builders is intensifying.
More and more, the unemployed are seeking jobs in the green sector, according to Cleveland.com.
Yet while demand is going over the top, the actual number of jobs available oftentimes is less than the market can fill. San Diego-area National University recently held a green jobs fair in Kearny Mesa, Calif., to roughly coincide with Earth Day. And while many companies exhibited at the event, only one was actually looking for an employee, reports the San Diego-Union Tribune.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform