25% of North American Firms Say No to Offsets Thru 2012
A new survey indicates that more and more companies are purchasing carbon offsets. The trend is bigger in Europe than North America and elsewhere in the world, according to the Forest Carbon Offsetting Survey 2009.
The survey, by EcoSecurities, sampled 120 global, multinational and regional organizations, along with 21 carbon companies, according to a press release.
Companies listed avoiding deforestation (91 percent) and promoting reforestation with native tree species (89 percent) as the forestry projects they see as most desirable, as they relate to carbon offsets.
Here is a look at what companies consider important when choosing a forestry related carbon offset project.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls