25% of North American Firms Say No to Offsets Thru 2012
A new survey indicates that more and more companies are purchasing carbon offsets. The trend is bigger in Europe than North America and elsewhere in the world, according to the Forest Carbon Offsetting Survey 2009.
The survey, by EcoSecurities, sampled 120 global, multinational and regional organizations, along with 21 carbon companies, according to a press release.
Companies listed avoiding deforestation (91 percent) and promoting reforestation with native tree species (89 percent) as the forestry projects they see as most desirable, as they relate to carbon offsets.
Here is a look at what companies consider important when choosing a forestry related carbon offset project.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses