25% of North American Firms Say No to Offsets Thru 2012
A new survey indicates that more and more companies are purchasing carbon offsets. The trend is bigger in Europe than North America and elsewhere in the world, according to the Forest Carbon Offsetting Survey 2009.
The survey, by EcoSecurities, sampled 120 global, multinational and regional organizations, along with 21 carbon companies, according to a press release.
Companies listed avoiding deforestation (91 percent) and promoting reforestation with native tree species (89 percent) as the forestry projects they see as most desirable, as they relate to carbon offsets.
Here is a look at what companies consider important when choosing a forestry related carbon offset project.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike