25% of North American Firms Say No to Offsets Thru 2012
A new survey indicates that more and more companies are purchasing carbon offsets. The trend is bigger in Europe than North America and elsewhere in the world, according to the Forest Carbon Offsetting Survey 2009.
The survey, by EcoSecurities, sampled 120 global, multinational and regional organizations, along with 21 carbon companies, according to a press release.
Companies listed avoiding deforestation (91 percent) and promoting reforestation with native tree species (89 percent) as the forestry projects they see as most desirable, as they relate to carbon offsets.
Here is a look at what companies consider important when choosing a forestry related carbon offset project.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight