25% of North American Firms Say No to Offsets Thru 2012
A new survey indicates that more and more companies are purchasing carbon offsets. The trend is bigger in Europe than North America and elsewhere in the world, according to the Forest Carbon Offsetting Survey 2009.
The survey, by EcoSecurities, sampled 120 global, multinational and regional organizations, along with 21 carbon companies, according to a press release.
Companies listed avoiding deforestation (91 percent) and promoting reforestation with native tree species (89 percent) as the forestry projects they see as most desirable, as they relate to carbon offsets.
Here is a look at what companies consider important when choosing a forestry related carbon offset project.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency