Canon USA Adds Recycled Calculators
It’s been hard to miss all the headlines about low-carbon calculators. Those have mostly been online tools to help businesses and consumers determine their carbon footprint.
Now in the U.S., Canon is now taking the literal approach to low-carbon calculators, selling calculators with upper and lower casings made from 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic from old Canon Copiers.
Canon’s recyled-content calculators have been available for more than a year in other markets.
Canon is offering the recycled content calculators in three models:
- the LS-154TG
- the HS-1000TG
- the TS-1200TG
The packaging and instruction manuals included with the calculators are made from recycled paper, according to the release. The calculators sell for $11-20.
The calculators use lithium-ion batteries, which are easier on the environment than traditional options.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. and Toray Industries Inc., last year developed a bio-based plastic, dubbed “Ecodear,” that achieves a high level of flame retardance. The bio-based plastic, which includes more than 25 percent (by weight) of plant-derived component, will be used in exterior plastic parts for Canon multifunction office systems.
In early 2008, Canon began marketing its eco products under the Generation Green banner.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland