Canon USA Adds Recycled Calculators
It’s been hard to miss all the headlines about low-carbon calculators. Those have mostly been online tools to help businesses and consumers determine their carbon footprint.
Now in the U.S., Canon is now taking the literal approach to low-carbon calculators, selling calculators with upper and lower casings made from 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic from old Canon Copiers.
Canon’s recyled-content calculators have been available for more than a year in other markets.
Canon is offering the recycled content calculators in three models:
- the LS-154TG
- the HS-1000TG
- the TS-1200TG
The packaging and instruction manuals included with the calculators are made from recycled paper, according to the release. The calculators sell for $11-20.
The calculators use lithium-ion batteries, which are easier on the environment than traditional options.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. and Toray Industries Inc., last year developed a bio-based plastic, dubbed “Ecodear,” that achieves a high level of flame retardance. The bio-based plastic, which includes more than 25 percent (by weight) of plant-derived component, will be used in exterior plastic parts for Canon multifunction office systems.
In early 2008, Canon began marketing its eco products under the Generation Green banner.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers