Canon USA Adds Recycled Calculators
It’s been hard to miss all the headlines about low-carbon calculators. Those have mostly been online tools to help businesses and consumers determine their carbon footprint.
Now in the U.S., Canon is now taking the literal approach to low-carbon calculators, selling calculators with upper and lower casings made from 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic from old Canon Copiers.
Canon’s recyled-content calculators have been available for more than a year in other markets.
Canon is offering the recycled content calculators in three models:
- the LS-154TG
- the HS-1000TG
- the TS-1200TG
The packaging and instruction manuals included with the calculators are made from recycled paper, according to the release. The calculators sell for $11-20.
The calculators use lithium-ion batteries, which are easier on the environment than traditional options.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. and Toray Industries Inc., last year developed a bio-based plastic, dubbed “Ecodear,” that achieves a high level of flame retardance. The bio-based plastic, which includes more than 25 percent (by weight) of plant-derived component, will be used in exterior plastic parts for Canon multifunction office systems.
In early 2008, Canon began marketing its eco products under the Generation Green banner.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls