Canon USA Adds Recycled Calculators
It’s been hard to miss all the headlines about low-carbon calculators. Those have mostly been online tools to help businesses and consumers determine their carbon footprint.
Now in the U.S., Canon is now taking the literal approach to low-carbon calculators, selling calculators with upper and lower casings made from 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic from old Canon Copiers.
Canon’s recyled-content calculators have been available for more than a year in other markets.
Canon is offering the recycled content calculators in three models:
- the LS-154TG
- the HS-1000TG
- the TS-1200TG
The packaging and instruction manuals included with the calculators are made from recycled paper, according to the release. The calculators sell for $11-20.
The calculators use lithium-ion batteries, which are easier on the environment than traditional options.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. and Toray Industries Inc., last year developed a bio-based plastic, dubbed “Ecodear,” that achieves a high level of flame retardance. The bio-based plastic, which includes more than 25 percent (by weight) of plant-derived component, will be used in exterior plastic parts for Canon multifunction office systems.
In early 2008, Canon began marketing its eco products under the Generation Green banner.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility