Green Ads on the Rise
TerraChoice has found that the amount of advertising of green claims is on the rise.
Looking at 18,000 ads in recent issues of Time, Fortune, National Geographic, Sports Illustrated and Vanity Fair, TerraChoice found that more than 10 percent of all ads in 2008 made some sort of “green” claim. That’s up from about 3 percent in 2006.
The research was previewed in TerraChoice’s newest report, “The Seven Sins of Greenwashing: Environmental Claims in Consumer Markets.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- EPA Enacts Clean Power Plan, But Delays the Start Date
- Why the Clean Power Plan Will Survive in Court
- PG&E Proposes Net Metering Charge for New Solar Customers
- Verisae Incorporates Urjanet’s Utility Data
- Industrial Power Supplies Eliminate Need for Enclosures
- Commercial HVAC Systems Market to Reach $47.5B in 2024
- Developing Energy Efficient Electronics with Wide Bandgap Semiconductors
- 365 Companies Throw Support Behind EPA’s Clean Power Plan