Mindy Lubber of Ceres on Climate Change and Finance
Mindy Lubber, President of Ceres, addresses how the financial world is starting to address climate change.
Ceres, a coalition of investors and environmentalists, has put companies including Exxon Mobil Corp., General Motors and coal miner Massey Energy Co. on a “Climate Watch” list, citing concerns that the firms’ long-term competitiveness could be hurt by their lack of action on climate change.
“For a company in a major emitting sector … to not be thinking about how they are going to address a regulated environment creates red flags for investors,” Mindy Lubber, the president of Ceres, told Reuters.
Insurers continue to consider the environment and climate in their policies, although the number of such policies is not rising fast enough, according to Ceres.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution