Mindy Lubber of Ceres on Climate Change and Finance
Mindy Lubber, President of Ceres, addresses how the financial world is starting to address climate change.
Ceres, a coalition of investors and environmentalists, has put companies including Exxon Mobil Corp., General Motors and coal miner Massey Energy Co. on a “Climate Watch” list, citing concerns that the firms’ long-term competitiveness could be hurt by their lack of action on climate change.
“For a company in a major emitting sector … to not be thinking about how they are going to address a regulated environment creates red flags for investors,” Mindy Lubber, the president of Ceres, told Reuters.
Insurers continue to consider the environment and climate in their policies, although the number of such policies is not rising fast enough, according to Ceres.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.