Mindy Lubber of Ceres on Climate Change and Finance
Mindy Lubber, President of Ceres, addresses how the financial world is starting to address climate change.
Ceres, a coalition of investors and environmentalists, has put companies including Exxon Mobil Corp., General Motors and coal miner Massey Energy Co. on a “Climate Watch” list, citing concerns that the firms’ long-term competitiveness could be hurt by their lack of action on climate change.
“For a company in a major emitting sector … to not be thinking about how they are going to address a regulated environment creates red flags for investors,” Mindy Lubber, the president of Ceres, told Reuters.
Insurers continue to consider the environment and climate in their policies, although the number of such policies is not rising fast enough, according to Ceres.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store