Microsemi Pushes Green Certification for PoE
Semiconductor manufacturer Microsemi has launched an effort to standardize energy efficiency ratings for Power over Ethernet equipment.
The Microsemi Green Power over Ethernet Certification program will award “green” certification to PoE switches and midspan equipment having efficiency ranked in the 75th percentile and above of equipment on the market.
Microsemi, a top developer of PoE technology, says any of its competitors can participate in the program at no cost and that test results, presumably overseen by Microsemi itself, will be published only with full manufacturer consent.
Competitors, who might balk at the idea, could feel pressure to sign on if Microsemi gets its wish and electric utilities adopt the certification as the basis for a new rebate program.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE