Microsemi Pushes Green Certification for PoE
Semiconductor manufacturer Microsemi has launched an effort to standardize energy efficiency ratings for Power over Ethernet equipment.
The Microsemi Green Power over Ethernet Certification program will award “green” certification to PoE switches and midspan equipment having efficiency ranked in the 75th percentile and above of equipment on the market.
Microsemi, a top developer of PoE technology, says any of its competitors can participate in the program at no cost and that test results, presumably overseen by Microsemi itself, will be published only with full manufacturer consent.
Competitors, who might balk at the idea, could feel pressure to sign on if Microsemi gets its wish and electric utilities adopt the certification as the basis for a new rebate program.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works