Microsemi Pushes Green Certification for PoE
Semiconductor manufacturer Microsemi has launched an effort to standardize energy efficiency ratings for Power over Ethernet equipment.
The Microsemi Green Power over Ethernet Certification program will award “green” certification to PoE switches and midspan equipment having efficiency ranked in the 75th percentile and above of equipment on the market.
Microsemi, a top developer of PoE technology, says any of its competitors can participate in the program at no cost and that test results, presumably overseen by Microsemi itself, will be published only with full manufacturer consent.
Competitors, who might balk at the idea, could feel pressure to sign on if Microsemi gets its wish and electric utilities adopt the certification as the basis for a new rebate program.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains