SAP to Acquire Clear Standards, Gains Carbon Mgmt Product
SAP plans to acquire Clear Standards, a privately held enterprise carbon management solutions provider that helps companies track and report greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts through a web-based system.
With the move, SAP expects to accelerate its ability to meet the carbon management requirements of organizations by getting a mature sustainability product – as well as expertise in carbon management.
Clear Standards will be able to tap into financial and other data stored in SAP’s enterprise solution – such as SAP Business Suite 7 software and its Environment, Health, and Safety Management application.
Earlier this year, Clean Standards launched the “CleanTech Spend Optimizer,” an application that helps companies direct energy efficiency and other cleantech spending.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls