SAP to Acquire Clear Standards, Gains Carbon Mgmt Product
SAP plans to acquire Clear Standards, a privately held enterprise carbon management solutions provider that helps companies track and report greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts through a web-based system.
With the move, SAP expects to accelerate its ability to meet the carbon management requirements of organizations by getting a mature sustainability product – as well as expertise in carbon management.
Clear Standards will be able to tap into financial and other data stored in SAP’s enterprise solution – such as SAP Business Suite 7 software and its Environment, Health, and Safety Management application.
Earlier this year, Clean Standards launched the “CleanTech Spend Optimizer,” an application that helps companies direct energy efficiency and other cleantech spending.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array