SAP to Acquire Clear Standards, Gains Carbon Mgmt Product
SAP plans to acquire Clear Standards, a privately held enterprise carbon management solutions provider that helps companies track and report greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts through a web-based system.
With the move, SAP expects to accelerate its ability to meet the carbon management requirements of organizations by getting a mature sustainability product – as well as expertise in carbon management.
Clear Standards will be able to tap into financial and other data stored in SAP’s enterprise solution – such as SAP Business Suite 7 software and its Environment, Health, and Safety Management application.
Earlier this year, Clean Standards launched the “CleanTech Spend Optimizer,” an application that helps companies direct energy efficiency and other cleantech spending.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.