SAP to Acquire Clear Standards, Gains Carbon Mgmt Product
SAP plans to acquire Clear Standards, a privately held enterprise carbon management solutions provider that helps companies track and report greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts through a web-based system.
With the move, SAP expects to accelerate its ability to meet the carbon management requirements of organizations by getting a mature sustainability product – as well as expertise in carbon management.
Clear Standards will be able to tap into financial and other data stored in SAP’s enterprise solution – such as SAP Business Suite 7 software and its Environment, Health, and Safety Management application.
Earlier this year, Clean Standards launched the “CleanTech Spend Optimizer,” an application that helps companies direct energy efficiency and other cleantech spending.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool