Web Tool Analyzes Sustainability Strategies
A new software tool evaluates greenhouse gas emissions, carbon footprint and baseline energy use to help companies and organizations analyze their sustainability strategies.
The Web-based TEAL (Total Emissions Analytics) software, from Noblis Inc., allows users to calculate the return on investment from implementing green IT equipment and lighting, according to a press release. Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology and strategy organization.
Additionally the tool can help companies evaluate variable scenarios, including calculating the emissions impacts of shifting corporate practices and policies. It also lets companies see their emissions’ impact over broad geographic areas.
The tool was made for the private sector, but a version of the tool is also being used by U.S. government agencies through the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA).
A variety of Web-based and other software tools to analyze carbon footprint have proliferated this year.
Cisco is adding tools to track carbon emissions by collecting and processing field data, giving companies and cities a chance to understand their impacts on the environment.
Rackspace has entered the competitive online carbon tool market with a business carbon calculator, a continuation of the companies Greenspace initiative, launched in 2007.
Rackspace Hosting’s new tool was developed by NativeEnergy, which specializes in carbon offsets and emission reductions, according to a press release.
Even specific industries are seeing their own carbon calculators. For instance, there is one designed for the aviation industry.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE