Diamond Delivers Greener Packaging
The Rochester, N.Y.-based company designed the new packaging with sustainability in mind. The perfume package uses paperboard that is 100 percent recyclable and made from a renewable source. The packaging company also reduced the overall weight of the carton by 60 percent compared to a previous version, by reducing material usage by 25 percent and completely eliminating PVC plastic from the design.
The new packaging is in line with a recent consumer study on green packaging indicates that packaging is a tiebreaker for most shoppers when they decide which product to buy.
In addition, the cartons were manufactured using 100 percent wind energy from Community Energy, which is part of the company’s “Greenbox Initiative.” By using wind energy to produce the package, the company claims it is equal to offsetting approximately 2295 pounds of carbon dioxide per year. This is equivalent to planting .94 acres each year or not driving 2402 miles, says the company.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016