Diamond Delivers Greener Packaging
The Rochester, N.Y.-based company designed the new packaging with sustainability in mind. The perfume package uses paperboard that is 100 percent recyclable and made from a renewable source. The packaging company also reduced the overall weight of the carton by 60 percent compared to a previous version, by reducing material usage by 25 percent and completely eliminating PVC plastic from the design.
The new packaging is in line with a recent consumer study on green packaging indicates that packaging is a tiebreaker for most shoppers when they decide which product to buy.
In addition, the cartons were manufactured using 100 percent wind energy from Community Energy, which is part of the company’s “Greenbox Initiative.” By using wind energy to produce the package, the company claims it is equal to offsetting approximately 2295 pounds of carbon dioxide per year. This is equivalent to planting .94 acres each year or not driving 2402 miles, says the company.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management