Diamond Delivers Greener Packaging
The Rochester, N.Y.-based company designed the new packaging with sustainability in mind. The perfume package uses paperboard that is 100 percent recyclable and made from a renewable source. The packaging company also reduced the overall weight of the carton by 60 percent compared to a previous version, by reducing material usage by 25 percent and completely eliminating PVC plastic from the design.
The new packaging is in line with a recent consumer study on green packaging indicates that packaging is a tiebreaker for most shoppers when they decide which product to buy.
In addition, the cartons were manufactured using 100 percent wind energy from Community Energy, which is part of the company’s “Greenbox Initiative.” By using wind energy to produce the package, the company claims it is equal to offsetting approximately 2295 pounds of carbon dioxide per year. This is equivalent to planting .94 acres each year or not driving 2402 miles, says the company.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market